Friday, January 20, 2012

1-20

I'm working on far to many things at once. I'm going back into that bad habit. OK I'm going to try to get back into finishing something before i start a new thing. but there are so many fun things to make and do i just don't stay in track.

OK here what I'm going on right now.




mini books i used this tutorial . i used a holiday gift box one side made all these books. I used different types of paper: constitution, card stock, printer. for the covers i used a few magazine and scrap booking paper. I decided not to use ribbon because i only have purple for some reason. so you can see the stitching on the sides of the books. i don't think it looks all that bad. I think it took me like six hours to make all of these. I broke one needle trying to go through a book with to much card stock. over all i would say that it was a fun project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it take about a half and hour to make each heart. so i would not recommend these for fundraising or craft fairs. I'm sure that it would go a little faster if it was crocheted and you could just have flat hearts . the knitting ones curl if you don't sew them.

I'm using different kinds of yarn left over sock yarn, crochet thread size 3, and what ever thin yarn i can find. i ran out of fiber fill so I'm using left over batting, which is the same to me, just a little stiffer .
pattern Hearts by Anna Hrachovec, size 2 needles


I'm also crocheting headbands i forgot to take a picture. Headband with Flower by creativeyarn
I'm using up some of the random worsted weight yarn . i have a ton of flowers now i just have to make the headbands and sew together.

I'm cross-stitching and embroidering bookmarks. not really sure how I'm going to do the backing. i could use spray glue and fabric, sew and turn to give it a really nice finish, or just sew a patch of the cross-stitch fabric to just the part with color.

and i just started on Toby's valentines crafting. he chose a foxy shazam theme. so I'm going to make a picture with has favorite lyrics. "life is a bitch but she's totally doable"

 
threes a little story, you can skip it . the song is great.

I'm also going to try to make something with Eric's facial hair, or him doing this cupid move
http://fyeahfoxyshazam.tumblr.com/post/8537733703
OK I should get to work


ps. check out foxy shazam, if you have time

2 comments:

waggonswest said...

Love the books. Curious about what you are going to do with facial hair.

that1girl said...

thank you . i still haven't figured it out. and sorry i dont check my mail often i got found your package yesterday

Search This Blog

I craft, I like making non useful items. And can't work on big projects without making ten items in between