Monday, January 10, 2011

1-10

five projects completed so far this month

this hat was finished on new years eve , so I'm just counting it as a 2011 project. the hat is for my friend Jessica. who just said I want a beret, in green. that is all. so i figure if she really feels the need to pay me for what i do all day every day. I need to kick it up a notch this is the first project that i have done with this complex a cable pattern. it was like now two rounds where the same. I personally don't like the color green, but i had it in stash (donated) and need to use it for something.

I used size 5 and 7 needles, the yarn was an old red heart skein in worsted weight , pattern
Gretel by Ysolda Teague  from stitch 'n bitch superstar knitting.
 


I also was a little bored at my mothers house while i was on a visit so i made the same hat in bulky yarn with size 15 needles. then i was running low on yarn so it ended up being a convertable cowl hat. its not the prettiest thing i've made but its super warm.


Then i felt bad about not finishing off jessicas item so that she could give it as a christmas gift so i made her something extra. its a extra slouchy hat , with a dimond pattern.
using size 10 needles and red heart  worsted weight yarn.
 



I got the Amigurumi Knits book from the library I really wanted to make something from this book for a while. but i found alot of those patterns to hard. so  i started out with the Earthworm by Hansi Singh . using size 3 needles simply soft yarn. everything was going fine until i had to do the picking up of stitches and kitchner stitch. I don't like either of them. I guess that i need to practice them a little more if i want to grow up to be a superstar knitter. I left the worm in a pot at the library. i wonder if they've found it yet.



then i got a little brave and tried to do the spider. it took a pretty long time and it didn't turn out well at all. my sewing and picking up stitches messed the whole thing up. but toby likes it and thats who i made it for so i guess thats all that matters.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

right now im working on test knitting a hat. and then once i go yarn shopping i will being on a gretel hat in black for someone eles. and maybe make another for myself.


No comments:

Search This Blog

I craft, I like making non useful items. And can't work on big projects without making ten items in between